buy Lyrica generic The First International Conference on Human Behaviour Change for Animal Welfare took place on 19-21st September 2016 in Dorking, Surrey, UK. This conference was the first of its kind in a field that is rapidly becoming recognized as a vital part of animal welfare work.Although this first conference has now taken place, Lelia Media continues to work with the organizers on the creation of future conferences and other forthcoming projects.
Projects are moving away from the traditional approaches of providing a service (e.g. veterinary care, training, or hands-on assistance) or awareness campaign and towards human-centered approaches that generate sustainable change.
To read more about what we mean by ‘human behaviour change please ‘click here‘.
The conference was extremely successful and included keynote presentations by speakers from around the world on human behaviour change theory and case studies as well as talks selected from submitted abstracts.
The aims of the conference were:
- To highlight the importance of human behaviour change (HBC) in animal welfare work.
- To educate on core elements of HBC theory through key presentations from leading experts.
- To facilitate discussion and sharing of information and experience of HBC for animal welfare.
- To encourage embedding of HBC in inter-sectoral collaboration, innovation and policy.
- To explore novel methods for the monitoring and evaluation of HBC approaches and provide evidence-based information illustrating its value blog link.